Friday, June 21, 2013

Why this blog?

I'm not having to claim any answers to any age old problem. The state of women's relationships has just been on my heart as of late. I don't have answers. I have thoughts. I have a heavy burden for wanting women to have deep, true, real & safe relationships, because I've experienced them. After all, we were made for relationship. We long for it. We need it. 

Besides my relationship with my husband, I have found that my relationships with women who long to do life with me create in me a sense of purpose, camaraderie, and joy. I have several women in my life that I "do life with"- meaning I share my struggles, my joys, my hopes, my everyday life with and they with me. We get each other. We are the same; and, yet, we are very different. We have different struggles and we have different talents, but that is what makes "doing life with" friends so great- we get to experience a fullness that we wouldn't see if we did it alone. 

This is my reason for this blog. My thoughts on friendship. My thoughts on life. My thoughts on doing it together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment